Thursday, May 1, 2008

First Fly of Spring

This morning, as I walked outside on my way to the dentist's office, I was looking around, gazing at the beautiful blue sky, the vibrant color of green of the grass, the strikingly bold colors of the tulips in the planters around Swedish. The birds were singing, the daycare children were out playing in the walkway, waving at me as I passed by. I practically burst into song, but held myself back from breaking into "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!"

So many of us had felt so oppressed, so beaten down from the winter this year. It just didn't seem to let up. So now that Spring's here, all the normal reactions of being glad to see the new leaves and flowers are multiplied in contrast.

As I drove home, I was thinking, "I have to remember to blog about this, the feeling I got from all the beauty and freshness and life all around." Tonight, as I write this, I've just gotten back inside from walking the dog. It's still pretty warm out. Several windows on the block are open, airing out the staleness of winter with the freshness of Spring.

As I look at my computer, in my peripheral vision there is motion... sure enough, there it is. The first fly of the season. Hello Spring!

No comments: