Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow, snow, snow

We've had more snow this year than the last several, it seems. I love walking Lucy in the snow because she gets so excited and does this manic scamper/hop through it.

We get three inches, and she's practically hip deep. Seeing her unbridled joy at running through the snow is like balm to my soul. Little children and pets have a way of being all-out in their exuberance.

On New Year's Day this year, I spent quality time with my pet. Having finally cleaned off the clothes hamper otherwise known as my overstuffed rocking chair, I decided that reading a book in a comfy rocker would be a good way to bring in 2008.

Lucy thought it was a good idea too, insisting on joining me in the chair. So we sat, read, watched the people walk back and forth outside while we were warm and happy inside.

All too soon the light faded, and it was time to pull the shades and join them for a short while as we took our own evening walk in the snow. Happy 2008. :)

No comments: