Monday, January 21, 2008

First post - limited brain space

I've caved. Or something. I actually signed up for a blog. Well. No claims of deep thoughts here. Just want somewhere I can jot down my thoughts and link them accordingly.

Why am I calling this limited brain space?
Sherlock Holmes, in A Study in Scarlett,was explaining to Watson why he didn't know the composition of the solar system and several other things that were considered common knowledge of educated people. He compared our brains to attics that have a limited amount of space. "Depend upon it - there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones."

I'd like to have a place to remember all the things that get elbowed out of my brain by new information. Either that, or I'm just emptying out my brain to make room for more!

No comments: