Friday, March 7, 2008

It's a small world after all

Okay, so I know that the internet connects everybody, it's a small world after all, blah blah blah. And I've used it to check out pages in a few other countries, and tons of locations within the US. But I've always felt like I've been getting information, rather than being connected.

My photo pages on flickr are totally giving me that connected feel. I am so delighted when I see that someone has actually viewed my photo. My photo!!! And I didn't even ask them to!!

So I now have three people (total strangers, all) who have become my contacts - I've connected with them as we discuss our photos. They post a comment on one of mine, I post a comment on one of theirs. I can look at my contact page to see who's posted fresh stuff.

And the cool thing about it is that they are Photographers. Really. Big P. My pathetic attempts at photography pale in comparison with theirs, but they are gracious and say nice things to me.

Late last night (early this morning, really), I was uploading more photos from my Colombia trip. Before I had titles and captions done, a couple of them had visits.

Small world? You bet! (yea!)

No comments: