Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sitting Pretty


return to me
Originally uploaded by Swedish Colombian
We take photos because we want to remember, record something. I often take pictures of places I think of as ideal sitting, thinking, reading, chatting, dreaming spots. Some day, I'd like to make myself a photo book of all these places.

Like this bench in the Botanic Gardens. Almost everyone was walking past it on their path to see everything the Gardens have to offer. Its hard to slow down and just sit somewhere, when you feel you have to keep going. But I always think of the places I want to go back to...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think that that is a GREAT idea to have a picture book of all of your favorite places. I think I might steal your idea. That way, when I'm in the home someday and can't get out (or up) I'll be able to remember my favorite spots!

Swedish Colombian said...

look atchoo, commentin on me!!
if you wanna see a preview of what i'd include, i have a set on my flikr page called sweet spots...
my work computer has more photos than what i have online, and i think i have somewheres around 50 so far. i'm trying to decide how to group them, and want to write little paragraphs here and there. :)