Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Think I Love You

...so what'm I so afraid of? I'm afraid that I'm not sure of... a love there is no cure for. (da DUM, da da da DUM DUM, da DUM!)

Wowee. David Cassidy used to make my heart go pitter pat (kinda still does, if we're being honest here).


And Davy Jones! Squeee! The cute Monkee. You know, the short Brittish one who played the tambourine. *sigh* I play the tambourine, too.


Such a huge flood of teen and tween memories accompany those two names. Remembering, in both cases, my sisters and I so looking forward to the new television season because we'd heard about the new show with the cute singer(s). Being envious of the girls down the street who had every issue of Tiger Beat and 16 magazines - their dad owned candy and smokes store, so of course they got theirs for free. Hmph.

I was just young enough for the Monkees that I listened to my sisters' lps, but The Partridge Family was totally my era. My next oldest sister and I bought a teen magazine if it published lyrics to their songs, and we'd make up our own tunes if we didn't know the real ones. Singing on the stage of our beds with our next door neighbor, our hairbrush as our microphone.

David and Davy both lived pinned up on my wall for who knows how many years. Among my very first record albums. Definitely my first crushes. Such sweet innocent times! :)

And two nights from today, both David Cassidy and Davy Jones are going to be IN CONCERT, one night only, just half an hour away from my house. And there are still tickets...
















(ED: If I'd not been sick as a dog, I absolutely would have bought tickets; as it was, I was able to get tickets to another show from the same era, JCSuperstar, which I will write about at a later date...)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Buy a ticket! You only live once! You're right, that Davy Jones is totally a hottie...